BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 12: Wrap up; social networks and catch up

Social Networking is a great tool, I am a member of Facebook and log on daily to see what my Friends and Family have been up to. Social Networking is becoming so popular that it would be a great idea for libraries to be out there, a great way for marketing and publicity of the library. Our Library is definately going to in the near future be on MySpace. I am also a member of SecondLife, I did a conference on Second Life once about literature and there was alot of problems which I guess made me not like SecondLife too much, it is very difficult to work out and very time consuming, it is very liable also for libraries to get on Second Life to remind Internet users of our great services, I just hope if our library ever decides to sign up to Second Life I am not the one to do it because I really don't like it at all. So having finished the Learning 2.0 course I am happy that I have completed it, I didn't think there would be anything to learn for me but I am very surprised as I came away learning quite a lot, maybe I had already used most of these things before but I also learnt there relevance in Libraries and how my own Library can use them. Looking forward to putting into place some of the things we learnt on the Course. Feel free to contact me about anything I blogged about at kharris@singleton.nsw.gov.au

Thanks for a great learning experience.

3 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on completing the course!

Mylee (PLS)

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on completing the course!

Jo said...

Hi Kylie

I really like your blog. Congratulations on completing Learning 2.0. any chance of some help for me?!

Joanne