BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 9: Podcasts and Audio

I have used Podcasts in the past and I regularly listen to radio shows that I miss while at work, I have them set up on my iTunes and they download automatically to my iPhone for me and I can then listen to them whenever I feel like it, I love listening to them whilst cleaning the house. I think Podcasts would be great for the Library, our Library is currently in the early stages of setting up "Living Libraries" and it would be a great feature to be able to offer them on our website to housebound and remote users not able to come to the library. They could also be great for Teen webcasts, storytime, book reviews, poetry readings, author talks, celebration of special events, interviews and library newscasts... the possibilities are endless. They would also be great for recording any staff meetings we have that people are unable to attend, they would be able to listen to them at a later date and not miss out on anything, because it isnt quite the same to just read the notes from a meeting.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

I love the idea of Living Libraries on podcasts.
Mylee (PLS)