BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 7: Tagging, folksonomies, del.icio.us and LibraryThing

This week I had lots of fun and learnt alot with Social Bookmarking which I had never really used before. I love the idea of delicious and what a cool url, it did take me a few go's to type it in write though. I have now got my own accout and have found some pretty interesting websites from the top tags list on the homepage, I even logged in at home to show my fiance how cool it was and how he should get his own account, it would be a great idea to have a library account setup to add any interesting websites we come across that could help with any reference enquiries, I also found a website on Mouse Tutorials and passed it along to my coworker who does Seniors on the Net Classes. Library Thing was another very interesting website that I enjoyed alot. I added some books from my personal library, it was hard to think of what I had at home so I cheated and added the Tomorrow Series that I own. I love the search options and the tags that lead you to more books, Library Thing recommendations, Member Recommendations and Member Reviews, it would be a great site for Readers Advisory and I would definately direct patrons to it. I managed to add both my LibraryThing Shelf and my Delicious Tags to my blog.

0 comments: